JOB DESCRIPTION: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director(s)
Assist in marketing and communications activities including media plans, promotions, website, and collateral materials. Coordinate online outreach, create and update community listings, assist with photography scheduling. Execute/build weekly mail chimps. Establish research and data tracking system. Support social media efforts.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing and Communications:
- Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering marketing and communications materials
- Coordination of distribution of promotional and collateral materials
- Develop and oversee the community listings calendar(s)
- Use Patron Manager system and develop measurement reports to help further marketing MF. Build special segments, messages and newsletters.
- Prepare marketing materials including charts, communication, reports, and presentation decks.
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading
- to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness
- Research/ find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Assist with managing on-site production and video deliverables
- Propose new ideas to improve marketing outreach, exposure to new audiences
- Maintain and update databases, including contact management system mailing lists
- Perform other administrative duties (typing, filing, organizing, copying, mailings, etc.)
- Education – Bachelors Degree preferred. Desired course of study: marketing, communications or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Ability to use/learn contact management system and other social media to create and send emails, newsletters, etc.
- Computer proficiency: word-processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and data base management
- Excellent organizational and office skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Montclair Film
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including:
- Copy editing
Ability to clearly communicate information effectively and persuasively
Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally, including media contacts and vendors
Ability to develop timelines and meet deadlines
Strong detail orientation
Personable demeanor/excellent customer service orientation
Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
Outstanding organizational skills:
Desktop publishing abilities:
- Create spreadsheets
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Basic graphic design