The Montclair Film Festival, along with Barista Kids, needs kids of all ages to decorate Montclair for the 2013 Montclair Film Festival!
Kids are invited to come draw a picture of their favorite film to be displayed in business windows through this year’s festival, which runs April 29 – May 5. We want to welcome filmmakers and visitors to Montclair with our children’s art in filmstrip displays throughout the town.
We will be holding art decorating events at these three spots in April:
- Saturday, April 6 from 9 am – 1 pm: Nishuane Elementary School blacktop in the South End
- Sunday, April 7 from 1 pm – 4 pm: St. James Church yard in Upper Montclair
- Saturday, April 27: At Montclair Art Museum’s Free Family Day in Montclair Center (Major thanks to MAM for including this in its Family Day events!)
Kids who participate will get MFF balloons and Barista Kids tattoos (don’t worry parents, they’re temporary!) Families will also receive the just released festival catalog with the complete line-up of wonderful films. This year MFF expanded its family film selection, so even the littlest film goers can participate. And, as an added bonus and on these days only, sign up to support MFF with a Family Membership and get a free MFF kids T-shirt!
Can’t make it to one of these events, but want your child’s art displayed? No worries. Templates will be available at the following locations:
- MFF office at 494 Bloomfield Avenue
- Aunt Jeanʼs Toys at 43 Church Street
- Le Parc Place in Upper Montclair at 237 Lorraine Avenue
Just pick one up, have your child create his/her poster and return to the MFF office.