Are you interested in learning how to produce a film festival from the ground up? Come get hands-on experience with us during the 2021 Festival this Fall!
We are seeking a few highly motivated people to help with the day-to-day operations for the 2021 festival which will occur October 21-30. You will assist all of the different departments with key tasks before, during, and after the festival.
This hands-on experience will include integral roles assisting the production, technical, operations, and marketing teams. Interns will also assist in screening films, print traffic, cinema set-up, and front of house operations.
Internships start as early as August and can be flexible to the applicant’s schedule (within reason). The applicant will need to be available for the festival run, both preparation and breakdown. Daily schedule will be flexible.
All applicants should be:
- College students or young professionals eager to learn various aspects of Film Festival or Event Management;
- Dependable, fast learners able to see projects through to completion;
- Flexible and willing to pitch in where needed – we are a team;
- Organized in a fast-paced environment;
- Professional with an exceptional work ethic and attitude;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications;
- Friendly and courteous as you’ll be representing Montclair Film
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating informational materials for filmmakers and guests;
- Creating and distributing key festival materials;
- Helping with set up/break down of venues as needed;
- Uploading cinema content and focusing on audience accessibility;
- Answering phones and assisting patrons with ticket sales and festival questions;
- Organizing and delivering supplies to venues;
- Other production and office duties as needed
Additional Skills Desired:
- Working knowledge of Google spreadsheets, word documents, and have access to their own laptop
- Able to lift 20 pounds without difficulty
- Drivers License and access to a car is a plus
Please note that these are unpaid internships. Housing and transportation are not provided. Credit may be available to college students.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in interning with the Montclair Film Festival to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include specific departments or skills you are hoping to strengthen during your time working with us.
Application Deadline: July 2, 2021