Our internship program is closed at this time. We will be starting the internship application process in the summer for our 2021 Festival in October. Please see below if you would like to know more about the program and what we will be looking for:
You will assist all of the different departments with key tasks before, during, and after the festival. The hands-on experience will include integral roles assisting the production, technical, operations, and marketing teams. Interns will also assist in screening films, print traffic, as well as both virtual and front of house operations.
Internships start as early as August and can be flexible to the applicant’s schedule (within reason). The applicant will need to be available for the festival run, both preparation and breakdown in October. Daily schedule will be flexible.
All applicants should be:
- College students or young professionals eager to learn various aspects of Film Festival or Event Management;
- Dependable, fast learners able to see projects through to completion;
- Flexible and willing to pitch in where needed;
- Organized in a fast-paced environment;
- Professional with an exceptional work ethic and attitude;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications;
- Friendly and courteous as you’ll be representing Montclair Film
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating informational materials for filmmakers and guests;
- Distributing key festival materials including badges, VIP gift bags, ballots, theater kits and more;
- Helping with set up/break down of venues as needed;
- Answering phones and assisting patrons with ticket sales and festival questions;
- Organizing and delivering supplies;
- Other production and office duties as needed
Additional Skills Desired:
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word documents, and have access to a laptop that can be used during the internship
- Able to lift 20 pounds without difficulty
- Drivers License and access to a car is a plus
Please note that these are unpaid internships. Housing and transportation are not provided. Credit may be available to Montclair State University students.
Please check back in June for application deadline dates.