HOW CAN I PURCHASE A VIRTUAL TICKET?
All tickets can be purchased at MontclairFilm.org. All Films + Conversations are $10 ($8 for members). Panels are $5 ($3 for members).
I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST TICKET TO A VIRTUAL EVENT – NOW WHAT?
After your purchase is complete, you will receive an email from Montclair Film Virtual Cinema inviting you to activate your Eventive account. Once you set your password, you’ll be able to log in and access all of your purchased content in your Content Library.
PLEASE NOTE: This account MUST use the same email address that you used to purchase your tickets.
HOW DO I FIND MY MOVIE?
If you’ve already purchased your ticket, visit your Content Library and you will find the film there. Please note you must be logged in first.
You can also find your Montclair Film Virtual Cinema confirmation email and click on the WATCH NOW button or visit our Virtual Cinema Page and click on the original listing for the movie. If you’ve already ordered a ticket and are logged into your account, you will have the option to “Watch Now” from the virtual screening page.
CAN I WATCH FILMS AT ANY TIME OR ARE THEY SCHEDULED?
All films will be available to watch at your leisure for 48 hours after clicking “WATCH NOW” during their availability window.
A VIRTUAL CINEMA SOUNDS FANTASTIC – I AM IN! WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari.
If you have an Apple TV or Roku device, you can download our new free Montclair Film app for these platforms. Simply follow the on screen instructions to link to your Eventive Content Library.
Additional system requirement information is below:
- What are the requirements for Windows computers?
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- What are the requirements for Mac computers?
- Mac OSX 10.12 or later
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser.
- Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
- Yes, you can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Please note that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play.
- Can I watch content on my Android Device?
- Yes, you can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
- How do I watch on my TV?
- If you own a Roku TV, Roku Streaming Stick or AppleTV, download the free Montclair Film app from the app store and follow instructions on screen to link your account. Once linked, films that have been ordered or unlocked online will appear on screen in your Content Library, ready to be enjoyed in high quality on your home theater system.
- Please Note: this is NOT an app for your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Can I Chromecast content?
- You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers as well as Android devices by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player. If no icon appears, this means casting is not supported on your device.
- Can I AirPlay to my AppleTV?
- You can AirPlay from most browsers if you have Apple TV by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
- What happens if I forget my password?
- Use the password reset option on the login page to reset your password. You will need access to the e-mail address you use to log in.
- Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
- We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on wifi, try moving closer to your router.
Have more questions? Visit Watch.Eventive.org/Help. Live Eventive Chat Support is available from 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM.
For ticketing questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.