RollingStone.com Editorial Director Jerry Portwood talks to Taylor Mac about creating art, expressing yourself and using history to live in this moment in A 24-DECADE HISTORY OF POPULAR MUSIC.
Recorded Saturday, May 5th, 2018 at The Audible Theater
in Conversation is presented by
- I do like to create a ritual in a room where you can disagree with everything I'm saying, but it's still the art.
- The reason I became a theater artist is to express the full range of myself.
- I'm not a teacher, I'm just here to remind people of what they've dismissed, forgotten or buried.
- What can we do with this history so we can live in this moment in a healthy, progressive way.
- How can I authentically fail on stage at the same time I'm reaching for perfection.
- The art in the room isn't why we do it, the art in the room is what happens.