The Montclair Film Festival is seeking Venue Managers for the 2020 Festival, which will run from May 1st-10th. This is a paid position and will include a few training sessions prior to May 1st.
The Venue Manager, under the supervision of the Festival and Events Producer, will serve as the primary point of contact at the assigned Festival venue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside projectionist at each venue to ensure quality projection and audio
- Work alongside programming team on intros, Q&As and other artist interactions
- Work alongside operations staff to determine which screenings require a special set-up and activation
- Work alongside box office staff to ensure ticketing and theater operations stay in communication
- Oversee and manage volunteer shift assignments
- Manage line and crowd control
- Organization and distribution of all Distribute and account for all eligible balloted screenings
- Complete Venue Manager report for each event
- Excellent Communication and People Management Skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Good problem-solver
- Detail-oriented, organized, and motivated
- Local applicants are preferred as housing and transportation are not guaranteed
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to Info@MontclairFilm.org.