Montclair Film is thrilled to announce their first annual EMERGING SCREENWRITING COMPETITION for students in Grades 8 through 12! Screenwriters’ are invited to submit a wide range of original screenplays that showcase the unique voices and talents of young people who are using story to express themselves.
The screenplays can be submitted in a variety of genres including Comedy, Drama, Action, Sci-fi/Fantasy, and Horror, and will be adjudicated by a jury of screenwriting and filmmaking professionals.
- The Grand Prize Winning script will be performed at a table read by actors at the award ceremony!
- Winners will be celebrated at our first annual ESC Award Ceremony!
- Winners will be acknowledged in a Montclair Film press release and on their website!
- Winners in each category receive emailed script consultation from an experienced screenwriter!
- Short Film or Web Series Pilots will be accepted up to a length of 12 pages (not including the title page).
- Submissions must be submitted as a PDF
- Formatting: 12-point Courier font. 1.5 inch left margin. 1-inch right margin.
- Scripts must be formatted correctly to be considered.
- Each writer may submit no more than two screenplays.
- Scripts may be submitted with multiple genres, or a genre not listed.
- Awards are determined by the ESC Jury.
Our ESC judging panel:
Ryan Spindell – Writer and Director of “The Mortuary Collection”, “The Babysitter Murders” and writer/producer for the show “50 States of Fright”.
Susan Skoog – Program Director for Screenwriting, University of the Arts. Writer and Director of “Whatever” and “Breeding Grounds”.
John Rotondo – Screenwriting Professor at University of the Arts and Writer of “The Garden Left Behind” and “Resemblance”.
Evan Dickerson – Screenwriting Instructor and former curriculum coordinator with Montclair Film. His production and writing credits include: “Good Friday”, “A Revolution”, “Split Ends”, and “Disarray Days”.
Still have questions?
Fill out this form for virtual info session requests.
Submission Deadline: February 21, 2022.
Award Ceremony to be announced.
For more information contact Education@Montclairfilm.org