505 Films + Friends
It’s Where You Belong!
505 Films + Friends is an inclusive club where young people of all abilities can gather in a safe, positive and thought-provoking environment to engage socially through the viewing and discussion of films. Each screening allows members to explore their own lives in relationship to the themes represented in the films with interactive discussions and activities led by a teaching artist and a professional psychologist. Participants also have time to schmooze and enjoy refreshments.
Join in the fun this Fall!
Our popular, inclusive film club is back for the fall with new movies, new discussions and new friends!!
Our Fall schedule:
- September 30th
- October 14th
- October 28th
- November 4th
- November 18th
- December 2nd
Teen Club (grades 8 – 12) Sunday, 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Young Adult Club (ages 18 – 28) Sunday, 4pm – 7pm
Participants who qualify for funding from DDD are eligible for reimbursement for our Film Club. For more information contact email@example.com. Scholarships may also be available.
Interested in joining our Teen Club? Click on the link and send us your contact information. We will reach out to you as soon as it starts up again!
Sample Class Schedule:
1. Check-in + Schmooze: (15 minutes) Get name tags and socialize. (Facilitators will provide guidance and support to be sure that everyone’s included).
2. Introduction of this week’s film: (30 minutes) Warm-up discussion focusing on film’s theme, characters, cinematography techniques and/or professions, and how film relates to participants’ personal life experiences.
3. View film: (1.5 hrs) in Cinema 505’s sensory-friendly environment.
4. Interactive film discussion: (15-30 min) Conversation and activities led by professional psychologist and teaching artist.
5. Post-mingle mix-it-up: (15-30 min) Enjoy and engage over snacks!
For More Information, Email Us at Education@MontclairFilm.org