505 Films + Friends
It’s Where You Belong!
505 Films + Friends is a club where young people can gather in a safe, positive, thought-provoking environment to engage socially through the viewing and discussion of films. Students will begin to learn about film, filmmaking, film vocabulary, as well as storytelling techniques. Each screening allows members to explore their own lives in relationship to the themes represented in the films with interactive discussions and activities led by a teaching artist and professional psychologist. Participants will also have time to schmooze and enjoy refreshments.
505 Films + Friends is an inclusive space for young people with and without disabilities and will inspire creativity, build confidence, connections and community awareness while empowering members with social skills to navigate school, career, and life.
Register for Summer Now!
Join the fun this summer with 505 Films + Friends! Teen and young adult clubs will meet at Cinema505 (505 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair) on Wednesday evenings from 6pm – 9pm on the following dates:
- July 11th
- July 25th
- August 8th
- August 22nd
Sign up for individual sessions at $45 per class, or
sign up for a package of all four at the discounted rate of $160.
It’s a great way to try out our club (and have your friends check it out!) since you can pay for each session individually. We reserve the right to cancel a class within 2 weeks of it’s date if participation is low, so make sure to reserve your space now!
Eligible for DDD Reimbursement
If you qualify for funding from DDD, our club is eligible for reimbursement. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample Class Schedule:
1. Check-in + Schmooze: (15 minutes) Get name tags and socialize. (Facilitators will provide guidance and support to be sure that everyone’s included).
2. Introduction of this week’s film: (30 minutes) Warm-up discussion focusing on film’s theme, characters, cinematography techniques and/or professions, and how film relates to participants’ personal life experiences.
3. View film: (1.5 hrs) in Cinema 505’s sensory-friendly environment.
4. Interactive film discussion: (15-30 min) Conversation and activities led by professional psychologist and teaching artist.
5. Post-mingle mix-it-up: (15-30 min) Enjoy and engage over snacks!
For More Information, Email Us at Education@MontclairFilm.org