505 Films + Friends
It’s Where You Belong!
505 Films + Friends is an inclusive club where young people of all abilities can gather in a safe, positive and thought-provoking environment to engage socially through the viewing and discussion of films. Each screening allows members to explore their own lives in relationship to the themes represented in the films with interactive discussions and activities led by a teaching artist and a professional psychologist. Participants also have time to schmooze and enjoy refreshments.
Winter session starts on January 13, 2019
Come join the fun this Winter with new movies, new discussions and new friends!
Young Adult Club (ages 18 – 28) Sundays, 3pm – 6pm (new earlier time)
Our Winter schedule:
- January 13th
- January 27th
- February 10th
- February 24th
- March 10th
- March 24th
Participants who qualify for funding from DDD are eligible for reimbursement for our Film Club. For more information contact email@example.com. Scholarships may also be available.
Teen (Grades 8 – 12)
Interested in a Teen Club? Click on the link and send us your contact information. We will reach out to you as soon as it starts up again!
Sample Class Schedule:
1. Check-in + Schmooze: (15 minutes) Get name tags and socialize. (Facilitators will provide guidance and support to be sure that everyone’s included).
2. Introduction of this week’s film: (30 minutes) Warm-up discussion focusing on film’s theme, characters, cinematography techniques and/or professions, and how film relates to participants’ personal life experiences.
3. View film: (1.5 hrs) in Cinema 505’s sensory-friendly environment.
4. Interactive film discussion: (15-30 min) Conversation and activities led by professional psychologist and teaching artist.
5. Post-mingle mix-it-up: (15-30 min) Enjoy and engage over snacks!
For More Information, Email Us at Education@MontclairFilm.org
Thank you to the Harold I. & Faye B. Liss Foundation for supporting this program.