505 Films + Friends
It’s Where You Belong!
505 Films + Friends is an inclusive club where young people can gather in a safe, positive and thought-provoking environment to engage socially through the viewing and discussion of films. Each screening allows members to explore their own lives in relationship to the themes represented in the films with interactive discussions and activities led by a teaching artist and a professional psychologist. Participants will also have time to socialize and build friendships.
Young Adult (Ages 18 – 28)
Dates: Sundays (9/22, 10/6, 10/27, 11/3, 11/17, 12/8)
Time: 3:30pm – 6:30pm
Teen (Grades 8 – 12)
Dates: Sundays (10/6, 10/27, 11/3, 11/17, 12/8)
Time: 12pm – 3pm
Cost: $225 for all 5 dates or $45 for trial on 10/6
If you qualify for funding from DDD, our club is eligible for reimbursement. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships may also be available.
Sample Class Schedule:
1. Check-in + Schmooze: (15 minutes) Get name tags and socialize. (Facilitators will provide guidance and support to be sure that everyone’s included).
2. Introduction of this week’s film: (30 minutes) Warm-up discussion focusing on film’s theme, characters, cinematography techniques and/or professions, and how film relates to participants’ personal life experiences.
3. View film: (1.5 hrs) in Cinema 505’s sensory-friendly environment.
4. Interactive film discussion: (15-30 min) Conversation and activities led by professional psychologist and teaching artist.
5. Post-mingle mix-it-up: (15-30 min) Enjoy and engage over snacks!
For More Information, Email Us at Education@MontclairFilm.org
Thank you to the Harold I. & Faye B. Liss Foundation for supporting this program.