Policies and Procedures
- Registrations are processed on a first-come, first served- basis, and in the order in which they are received. Montclair Film members can take advantage of priority registration in order to register prior to open enrollment. Registration will be processed only after payment has been received in full.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Summer Academy classes will meet Monday through Friday. Unless specifically noted, no classes will meet on weekends or Federal holidays.
- Montclair Film reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any student due to inappropriate, discriminatory, or disrespectful behavior.
- All class confirmations will be sent via email to students upon completion of registration.
- Classes that do not meet the minimum class size will be cancelled a week prior to the first day of the class, at which point students will receive an email from Montclair Film informing them of the cancellation.
- Students will be required to pay in full even if enrolling after the first day of the specified class has begun.
Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class or workshop does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee. Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 30 DAYS prior to start date of the camp session from which you are withdrawing. If notice of withdrawal is given less than 30 DAYS prior to the start date of the camp from which you are withdrawing, you will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the start date of the session for which you are enrolled.
Make Up Classes
Classes not held due to a holiday or the instructor’s absence are made up at end of the session. Students missing class by their own choice will not receive a make-up class or refund.
Montclair Film will close for snow and inclement weather whenever the Montclair Public Schools are closed.
Student Injury Risk
Students assume all risk of participation in any and all classes, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
Montclair Film is not responsible for any property that is left on the premises, and has no responsibility if such property is damaged or stolen.
In case of emergency, Montclair Film reserves the right to substitute instructors of equal knowledge, skills, and experience.
Montclair Film may, on occasion, document classes and student work using photography and video for promotional purposes. If you do not want yourself or your child photographed, please notify Montclair Film.
Montclair Film provides scholarships for eligible students. For more information and to apply, please visit www.montclairfilm.org/scholarship