Montclair Film is a non-profit organization that relies greatly on the generosity of volunteers. We invite you to join us -– help out year-round, during the week of the festival, or BOTH! We will do our best to make the hard work of volunteering fun! Volunteers must be at least 15 years old.
- A gorgeous Volunteer T-shirt
- A voucher for every 3 volunteer shifts worked at a theater during the festival; vouchers can be used for any regular priced screening or conversation
- A free one-year MFF membership (or renewal, if applicable) for 12 hours of volunteer shifts worked during the festival or 20 hours worked throughout the calendar year
- Invitations to the Volunteer Appreciation Party and special Volunteer Events
Festival Volunteer Opportunities (in a normal year!)
- Theater Operations – Set up signage, greet guests, usher guests into the theater, scan tickets at the door, assist with line control inside and outside of the building & assist patrons with questions.
- Box Office – Assist patrons in buying tickets after receiving training on our ticketing system. Also responsible for printing and distributing will call tickets. This is a great way to have a front-row seat for all the action in the theaters.
- Merchandise – Take inventory, set up merchandise and manage sales at events, then handle packing up of merchandise at the close of the events.
- Drivers – Pick up filmmakers and special guests from the airport, NYC, and other locations, as well as transport to/from hotels and venues. Volunteers must be over 25 years old with a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Event Production/Operations – Set-up and breakdown event props, décor and equipment for MFF events. May require climbing ladders and heavy lifting.
- Street Teams/Local Business Outreach – Help spread the word to local businesses by passing out catalogs, flyers, and posters. Get to know local business owners!
- Online Niche Marketing – Promote films online to specific audiences. Identify the audience/interest groups for each event and get them to attend, while urging them to get out the word to others.
- Photography – Shoot MFF events for photos that appear on our website and in MFF materials. *Professionals preferred*
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is made possible with support from the American Express Foundation.